Accessing Council Services:
You can now access services, get advice and support, and transact with us in the following ways:
- By accessing our wide range of 24/7 online services
- By emailing directly to the relevant service
- By phoning First Contact on 01268 882200 (8.45am to 5.15pm Mon to Thurs, and to 4.45pm on Fri).
- By pre-booked appointment at the Kiln Road office (9.00am to 4.00pm Mon to Fri) - these can be arranged by phoning First Contact on 01268 882200.
Environmental Health Services
Thank you for your continued support
The Environmental Health Service at Castle Point Borough Council would like to thank you for your continued efforts during the pandemic to comply with the ever changing restrictions and regulations and for taking steps to keep those who have visited your business safe.
With restrictions set to change again on the 19th July 2021, our primary focus still remains the same: the health, safety and welfare of our business owners and residents of the borough. Our priority is to ensure we are doing our part to stop the transmission of the virus.
We are carefully monitoring the situation, as we are sure you are and we remain committed to helping you. We will be out visiting local business this week to continue our support and encouragement as we approach 19th July.
If you have specific questions or concerns not addressed here or on our website www.castlepoint.gov.uk/coronavirus, reach out to us. We’re still available to answer your questions and respond to any concerns.
Thank you again for your continued support.
Environmental Health Services covers a wide range of duties, but the aims of our service are:-
- To promote and protect the health of the people who live, work in and visit the Borough of Castle Point;
- To enhance the quality of the environment;
- To provide a high quality and value for money service which responds to the needs of our customers.
If you require information on the services we provide, please click on the relevant section on the right hand side of this page.
What We Do
Environmental Health Services at Castle Point Borough Council is relatively small, but we cover a wide range of duties.
The team is staffed with professionally qualified Environmental Health Officers who are supported by the dedicated administration support team.
There are approximately 2000 annual service requests covering the whole remit of Environmental Health.
If you require information on the services we provide there are information leaflets available.
Making a Request For Service / Complaint
From time to time, Environmental Health Services needs to consult with members of the public regarding certain functions it carries out.
If you would wish to comment on or make any suggestions about the environmental health service, please either telephone (01268) 882200 or email us.
Career in Environmental Health
See the Contact us page for emergency numbers and opening times.